My work in the field of literacy and learning difficulties is based on the Neuro-Linguistic Programming [NLP] spelling strategy. This way of working teaches people with dyslexic, dyscalculic, dyspraxic, autistic, ADD, ADHD, Asperger’s, and memory underperforming challenges how to use their existing visual skills to see clear and still [=not moving] words and numbers and solve any spelling, reading, writing, and mental arithmetic problems.
Unlearning difficulties with NLP begins with showing people that they use their excellent visual skills in daily situations when they visualize people, objects, places, activities, and situations.
The next step is finding out how they see words / numbers and correcting confusions of their brains in seeing the pictures.
The next step is visualizing words and numbers on their related objects as a single picture in the individuals’ imaginations, then reading and spelling the word forwards and backwards.
The next step of unlearning difficulties, preceded by a suitably long period of practice, is to let the related object go and see the word / number on a plain background as a single clear still picture in the imagination.
I teach other factors, such as clearing people’s personal energy field and grounding which help unlearning difficulties without difficulties!
The benefits of using visualisation are:
1. improving visual skills, which doubles the memory and retention of spoken and written information
2. fast reliable spelling
3. seeing words as blocks, not as single letters, thus
4. improving the speed and flow of reading
5. improving comprehension of read material
6. improving comprehension of spoken material, such as lectures, descriptions, long conversations
7. improving visualizing numerical concepts, thus
8. improving mathematical abilities
9. improving orientation in unfamiliar territories
10. improving navigation and orientation in the course of driving
11. improving eye-hand coordination necessary for sports, performing arts, daily tasks
12. improving self-esteem and positive self-beliefs
13. sharpening observational skills and attention to detail
Unlearning difficulties with NLP is suitable for
- people of any ages and native language
- families, groups of children, parents, and all educational professionals
- entrepreneurs, executives, managers, and employees in all professions
- at home, school, college, university
- in the workplace, and in business.
People from all walks of life benefit from working in 1to1 and group sessions across the globe in person, online, and by phone. If you wish to benefit too, or know someone who would benefit, contact me.